Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eager Expectation!

For I live in eager expectation and hope that I
will never do anything that causes me shame,
but that I will always be bold for Christ,
as I have been in the past, and that my life
will always honor Christ, whether I live or die.
Philippians 1:20
Paul's words offer such hope to me. Earlier in chapter one he says, in effect, 'everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News'...he goes on to explain to his brothers and sisters in Christ, ' because of my imprisionment, many of the Christians here have become more bold in telling others about Christ'. His focus is always on Jesus and His work. What does it mean to live in 'eager expectation'? I thank my gracious Father for the joy of living life in the Spirit...instead of that old feeling of walking a tightrope, scared to look down for fear of falling...holding both hands over my mouth for fear of total lack of self-control... that uneasy, barely holding on, when will my ugliness rear its' head again fear...that frantic covering of ungodliness...there is JOY! Crazy, FREE J-O-Y! When He is in control there is eager expectation...What awesome thing has He prepared for us to complete next? What opportunity will He give me to serve Him today? When that opportunity comes, I can relax in Him, knowing that He had this well under His control before I was even born. I can open my mouth and listen to His words in 'eager expectation'! I can praise Him for His love for me, because I know He has prepared me for just such a moment. I challenge myself first today...don't let satan steal your joy with self-focus. Fasten your eyes on Him, knowing that He is your saving grace. He is your all in all. He is the giver of crazy, free JOY! As my sister Ruth always said, 'I just love Him so much! Bless His sweet Name.'

No comments:

Post a Comment