Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Promises

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40 What do we give up in the name of unbelief? The question that has been on my mind for a long time was again asked with burning intensity yesterday. My sis and her husband were talking about the experiences they were blessed with in Honduras and as they spoke I realized anew....I know so little about the power that I could be living in because I am His. It's just like this, if it's mine, I want it. I don't want to be ineffective in this life. Join me in asking God to reveal His glory, purge unbelief, and renew our minds. I ask, in your Name, teach me Father. In John 14 you tell us that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. I pray that you would teach me this thing that is such a mystery to me now. Help me to know you more deeply. Take me, do with me whatever you will...I give you my resources, my time, my family, my friends, my priorities. Nothing is mine anyway, if I claim it and try to hold on to it it becomes ugly and twisted. I stand before you with my hands open and I plead with you to teach me. I love you, my Father, and I want to be always abiding in you. Thank you for your goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment